The aim of this award scheme is to reward excellence within the British Precast membership and to showcase examples of inspirational projects utilising precast concrete.
Entries are now open for our 2018 Project Award! Submit your entry here
The 2018 Project Award is sponsored by CARES
2017 Award Winner
The winner of the 2017 British Precast Project award was Techrete for John Lewis, Victoria Gate, Leeds.
For the flagship John Lewis store in Leeds, the diagrid pattern was deconstructed by Techrete engineers to panelise a façade to enable production. Innumerable intricate details regarding the geometry, the engineering and the manufacturing were combined in 3D BIM, from which over 600 drawings were generated. Many challenges were successfully overcome: accuracy of facetted corners, contrasting finishes within single units, installation of unusually shaped units of up to 14 tonnes in weight and the requirement for unique permanent fixing methods.
Precast concrete products are used for a wide range of applications in our built environment. This award showcases projects that deliver on aesthetics, functionality, innovation, workmanship, cost-effectiveness and demonstrates the inherent benefits and properties of precast concrete.
The 2017 Project Award was sponsored by CARES
The 2017 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Sterling Services - Hanover Square, London
- Techrete - John Lewis, Victoria Gate, Leeds
- CPM Group - Erith Park Development, Kent
- Thorp - Victoria Gate Arcade, Leeds
- Cornish Concrete Products - BP Sunbury
- Sterling Services - Watermark Westquay, Southampton
2016 Award Winner
The winner of the 2016 British Precast Project Award was PCE Limited for the Volkswagen Car Showroom Project.
The 2016 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Sterling Services - One Capital Square, Cardiff
- Delta Bloc - M1 Junction 15-16 Delta Bloc UK
- Aggregate Industries - Bay Campus, Swansea Univiersity
- PCE Limited, Volkswagen - Car Showroom Service Centre and MSCP
For further information on the above projects download our 2016 Annual Review
The 2016 Project Award was sponsored by CARES
2015 Award Winner
The winner of the 2015 British Precast Project Award was Thorp Precast for Admiral Head Quarter.
The 2015 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Cornish Concrete Products - Staircase for Institute of Structural Engineers
- Bison Manufacturing - University of Bath - R6 Student Accommodation
- Buchan Concrete Solutions - Motel One
- Creagh Concrete Products - Blackpool MSCP
- Sterling Services - 40 Chancery Lane
- Thorp Precast - Admiral Head Quarter
For further information on the above projects, download our 2015 Annual Review
The 2015 Project Award was sponsored by CARES