The aim of this award scheme is to reward excellence within the British Precast membership and to publicise Innovation in the industry.
Entries are now open for our 2018 Innovation Award! Submit your entry here
The 2018 Innovation Award is sponsored by Chryso UK
2017 Award Winner
The winner of the 2017 British Precast Innovation award was Marshalls for the Keydrain project.
‘Keydrain’ is a single piece concrete drainage unit with a central core specifically designed to drain surface water away. Dual slots pressed into the surface of the unit transfer water to the core via a perpendicular slot at each end face when placed adjacent to one another. Any required length can be achieved by simply adding more units. The product enters an arena which is traditionally filled with non-concrete solutions such as linear channel systems with a plastic or steel grate. A key benefit of Keydrain is its aesthetic appeal as it is manufactured in a variety of concrete colours, which compliment the surrounding concrete or natural stone paving products. Additionally, the shape and weight of Keydrain enables simple installation.
The British Precast Innovation award scheme rewards excellence within the British Precast membership, and promotes and encourages innovation in the industry.
The 2017 Innovation Award was sponsored by Chryso UK
The below projects were shortlisted in our Best Practice Innovation Award.
- Brilliant Ideas, Beresford's Flooring - Concrete Carriage
- Brilliant Ideas, Beresford's Flooring - Tower Truck
- Forterra Building Products - Accelerated Curing of Pre-Stressed Beams
- Marshalls - Keydrain
2016 Award Winner
The winner of the 2016 British Precast Innovation Award was Marshalls for the Mono Beany Project.
The 2016 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Charcon - Transport for London Cycle Super Highway Bow to Aldgate
- PCE Limited - Innovating Precast Opportunities from Insitu Frame Designs
- Marshalls - Marshalls New Pavement Design Guide
- Marshalls - Mono Beany
- Tarmac Building Products - Safety Light Gate Auto Block Measuring and Fixed Guarding
For further information on the above projects download our 2016 Annual Review
The 2016 Innovation Award was sponsored by Chryso
2015 Award Winner
The winner of the 2015 British Precast Innovation Award was Havsco for the Hand/Arm Vibration Monitor.
The 2015 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Havsco - Hand/Arm Vibration Monitoring
- Hanson Building Products - Dawlish Emergency Remediation - Main Breach
- Hanson Building Products - Hanson 'Loading Safely Together' initiative
- Aggregate Industries - Work Place Organisational Improvement
For further information on the above projects, download our 2015 Annual Review
The 2015 Innovation Award was sponsored by Chryso